Saturday of Service
Started in 2000, Saturday of Service (SOS) is an important service day that connects around 500 student volunteers with community organizations in need of assistance.
Save the Date: April 2017
In 2016, students set out in 16 groups to help at various site locations. Volunteers helped dig the foundation of a new home for Palouse Habitat for Humanity, spent the day with residents at Whitman Senior Living and took part in outdoor beautification projects for the Latah County Historical Society, among others. Check out photos from our service!
2016 Community Partners
- 1912 Center
- Appaloosa Museum & Heritage Center Foundation
- Backyard Harvest
- Family Promise of the Palouse
- Hope Center Moscow
- Latah County Historical Society
- McDonald Elementary
- Moscow Public Library
- Latah Association for the Mentally Ill
- Orphan Acres, Inc.
- Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute
- Palouse Habitat for Humanity
- Regency Pullman
- UI Soil Stewards
- UI Sustainability Center
- White Springs Ranch
Save the Dates
- Saturday of Service – April 2017
- Writing on the Wall – April 2017
- Serving Your New Community – August, 20 2016
View Service Calendar
View a complete list of service events and opportunities to help community members and local businesses.