Start a Club
You may start a new student organization at any point during the academic year. To be officially recognized by the Associated Students University of Idaho, complete the application process.
- Review the list of recognized student organizations (RSOs). Verify the organization doesn't already exist.
- Identify a board-appointed university faculty or staff member to serve as adviser for the organization.
- Create a student organization constitution. Incorporate elements Article IV, Sections 1 and 2 of the constitution template.
- Log in to VandalSync.
- Select "organizations" from top menu.
- Click "Register New Organization" button and fill out the form. A staff member will contact the organization to finalize the process.
Student Organization Responsibilities
- Annual renewal each September.
- Update and maintain VandalSync page including officer and adviser information and correct contact information.
- Complete mandatory training.
- Abide by the Student Code of Conduct.
Benefits of Recognition
- Reserve rooms at no cost in the Idaho Commons or Pitman Center. Room setup and equipment fees may apply.
- Apply for up to $2,000 in reimbursements funding from ASUI Funding Board each academic year.
- Sign up for a physical mailbox.
- Receive free booth space at events, including Palousafest, involvement fairs and Vandal Friday.
- Get invited to skill-building workshops, presentations, campus luncheons and other special events.
- Access Department of Student Involvement student organization space, including computers, poster printer, art supplies, resource library and more.
- Be eligible for Student Achievement Awards in Leadership and Service.