Raven Scholars Program
Serving Students on the Autism Spectrum
The Raven Scholars Program is an individualized, supported-transition program for University of Idaho students on the autism spectrum. This award-winning program was founded in 2011 with funds generously donated by Tom Alberg and Judi Beck of The Raven Trust. The Raven Scholars Program supports students on the autism spectrum by providing coordination for individualized wraparound services.
Participation in the Raven Scholars Program provides opportunities for:
- Daily or Weekly Planning Meetings
- Individual Coaching
- Life and Social Skills Classes
- Social Events
- Membership in The Autism Spectrum Alliance
- Service Learning Opportunities
- and more
How to Participate
Students who would like to be considered for participation in the Raven Scholars Program are welcome to contact us and arrange a visit. Email Raven Scholars coordinator, Leslie Gwartney, at email@example.com or call (208) 885-9107.
The Raven Scholars Program supports college success for students who are on the Autism Spectrum by providing peer mentoring, coordination of campus services, and opportunities to improve academic and life skills.
The Raven Scholars Program will be the premier university program in the Pacific Northwest for students on the Autism Spectrum, empowering students to reach their peak academic performance, develop personal strengths, contribute to their communities and prepare for meaningful careers.
The Raven Scholars program embraces values that support the university’s strategic planning and goals. We value:
- Personal and institutional transformation
- Academic excellence
- Empower program participants to achieve academic success and participate fully in the university experience.
- Provide insight, support and knowledge about autism to members of the campus community.
- Enrich the diversity of the campus culture through the inclusion of people who are on the autism spectrum.
- Encourage program participants to develop meaningful careers and make valuable contributions to their communities.
Faculty & Staff Resources
We're here to provide insight, support and knowledge about autism to members of the campus community. Schedule a meeting to discuss academic supports for students on the autism spectrum by emailing Raven Scholars Program Coordinator, Leslie Gwartney, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (208) 885-9107.
Awards and Recognition
The Raven Scholars Program won The May Dunn Ward Innovative Program Award in 2012 for programmatic innovation to creatively address student learning. The award was presented by The Northwest Association of Student Affair Professionals.
The Raven Scholars Program was also given credit when The University of Idaho was named one of the Top 20 Best Online Colleges for Students with Autism in 2017 by onlinecollegeplan.com. They looked at universities and colleges across the nation measuring freshman retention and graduation rates as well as commitment to students on the spectrum.