Rafts & Catarafts
The Rental Center is located in the University of Idaho Student Recreation Center (SRC). All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates, pick-up and drop-off days are free. To check equipment availability, call (208) 885-6170.
10’6” paddle raft (4-5 persons) | $120
with oar frame (3 persons) | $140
12’6” paddle raft (4-5 persons) | 130
with oar frame (3 persons) | $150
14’ paddle raft (6-8 persons) | $160
with oar frame (5 persons) | $180
16’ paddle raft (8-10 persons) | $190
with oar frame (6-7 persons) | $200
14’ cataraft with frame (2 persons ) | $140
17’ 6” cataraft w/frame (2 persons & gear) | $160
Center or stern frames - varying configurations | $70
Paddle raft frame - mounts on thwarts to carry
cooler, drybox or other gear | $40
Frame or three oars only | $50
12 NRS straps for rigging cargo | $10
Water Clothing & Equipment
Life Jackets - Type III or V from Youth to XXL | $6
Helmets - Pro-Tec | $6
Dry Bags - NRS Outfitter or four small bags | $7
Throw Rope | $6
Raft Cargo Deck or Cargo Net | $6
Pumps - Wonder Pump | $6
Ammo Can 11” x 7” x 6” | $6
Coolers, Stoves & More
Roll-a-table | $8
Fire Pan | $5
Extra Fuel Bottle | $4
Cooking Pot - 1- or 2-Quart Stainless Steel | $4
Lantern - Coleman with fuel | $11
First Aid Kit | $4
Camp Chair | $6
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. UI students receive a discount on all rentals with their Vandal ID.
The UI Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted anytime with payment.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after 5 days paid at regular rate.
- Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- One-day rentals available on selected items Mondays-Wednesdays.
- Cancellations more than 14 days notice = 90 percent refund.
- Cancellations less than 14 days out = 75 percent rental credit refund.
We cannot issue refunds for purchases made with rental credit.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.