Tents, Sleeping Bags & Camping Gear
The Rental Center is located in the University of Idaho Student Recreation Center (SRC). All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates, pick-up and drop-off days are free. To check equipment availability, call (208) 885-6170.
1-2 person Alpine Mystique for backpacking | $16
2-3 person for car camping or backpacking | $15
4 person big tent with lots of room $19
2-person Spire for climbing or backpacking | $20
2- to 3-person Trango 3.1 bombproof mountain tent | $24
Summer Weight Synthetic | $11
Winter Weight Synthetic | $13
Ensolite Closed Cell | $4
Open Cell Foam in Water-Resistant Cover | $5
External Frame Pack - Kelty | $12
Internal Frame Pack - North Face, Lowe Alpine or Quest | $12
NOTE: There is a $50 damage deposit per item.
Coolers, Stoves & More
Roll-a-table | $8
Fire Pan | $5
Extra Fuel Bottle | $4
Cooking Pot - 1- or 2-Quart Stainless Steel | $4
Lantern - Coleman with fuel | $11
First Aid Kit | $4
Camp Chair | $6
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. UI students receive a discount on all rentals with their Vandal ID.
The UI Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted anytime with payment.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after 5 days paid at regular rate.
- Damage deposits are returned after equipment has been inspected. Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- One-day rentals available on selected items Mondays-Wednesdays.
All cancellations of rentals totaling $25 or less will be converted to rental credit. Refunds exceeding $25 are determined based on days of advance notice:
- Between 30 and 14 days notice = 25 percent penalty, 75 percent cash refund
- Between 13 and 7 days notice = 30 percent penalty, 70 percent cash refund
- Between 6 and 2 days notice = 30 percent penalty, 70 percent rental credit
- Fewer than 2 days = NO REFUND
All cancellations exceeding $100 with at least 30 days advance notice will incur a $25 processing fee.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.