A Service Center is any U of I unit or activity providing and charging for a specific service or product, or a group of services or products, to customers primarily within the U of I academic and administrative community. A Service Center may have external customers, but may not exist to primarily serve external customers. The services may range from highly specialized to routine functions. A Service Center is an ongoing activity; it is not a one-time distribution of expense. For those service centers with gross revenues meeting or exceeding $10,000.00, a formal rate approval request is required to be submitted to the Service Center Committee.
Service Center Overview Training
View this short presentation to learn what a Service Center is:
- How to distinguish different types of service centers
- Activities that look like service centers but are not
- Important policies for service centers
- What to do if you find you are a service center
Service Center Committee
The purpose of this committee is to identify, review, and assist Service Centers to insure compliance with university and federal policy. The committee meets the first Thursday of every month.
- John Keatts - Committee Chair - General Accounting
- Mary George - Committee Co-Chair - ITS
- Dan Stephens - University Controller
- Michelle Mattoon -Idaho EPSCoR
- Megan Mowrer- General Accounting
- Larissa LaBolle- Office of Sponsored Programs