• Professor and student in lab

Funding Research Opportunities

Most research funding comes from two major sources. Read on to learn more.


Graduate Studies

College of Graduate Studies
Office: Morrill Hall Room 104
Mailing: 875 Perimeter Drive MS 3017
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3017
Phone: (208) 885-6243
Fax: (208) 885-6198
College of Graduate Studies lab research

Before you start your research

Gaining Approval: The first step in any research process

Before beginning any research project, approval must be granted by whichever of the following groups applies to the research that you are undertaking.

  • Human Assurance Committee for research involving human subjects.
  • Animal Care and Use Committee for research using vertebrate animals
    Dirk Vanderwall
  • Biohazards Committee for research using any biological agent or recombinant DNA
  • Radiation Safety Commission for research using radioactive materials
  • Idaho Research Foundation for research that has the possibility of patent or license outputs
  • University Research Office for research involving agents or federal controls on the development, use and distribution of technology
  • Office of Sponsored Programs for activities funded through external grants and contracts. Should the research methodology or source funding change, the appropriate group must be notified.