Most research funding comes from two major sources. Read on to learn more.
Before you start your research
Gaining Approval: The first step in any research process
Before beginning any research project, approval must be granted by whichever of the following groups applies to the research that you are undertaking.
- Human Assurance Committee for research involving human subjects.
Animal Care and Use Committee for research using vertebrate animals
- Biohazards Committee for research using any biological agent or recombinant DNA
- Radiation Safety Commission for research using radioactive materials
- Idaho Research Foundation for research that has the possibility of patent or license outputs
- University Research Office for research involving agents or federal controls on the development, use and distribution of technology
- Office of Sponsored Programs for activities funded through external grants and contracts. Should the research methodology or source funding change, the appropriate group must be notified.