(see CV for full list)
- Mulkey, S. S., R. L. Chazdon, A. P. Smith (ed). 1996. Tropical Forest Plant Ecophysiology. Chapman and Hall, NY. 675 pp.
- Peer-reviewed papers
- Watkins, J. E. Jr., M. C. Mack, T. R. Sinclair, and S. S. Mulkey. 2007. Ecological and evolutionary consequences of desiccation tolerance in tropical fern gametophytes. New Phytologist 176:1-10.
- Watkins, J. E. Jr., M. C. Mack, and S. S. Mulkey. 2007. Gametophyte ecology and demography of epiphytic and terrestrial tropical ferns. American Journal of Botany 94: 701-708.
- Avalos, G., S. S. Mulkey, K. Kitajima, S. J. Wright. 2007. Canopy colonization strategies of two liana species in a tropical dry forest. Biotropica 39:393-399.
Outreach and Engagement Projects
- March-June 2010. Project leader for three state effort to develop climate change education proposal for NSF Climate Change Education Program, Phase I.
- March-June 2010. Project leader in development of NASA Global Climate Change Education proposal involving stakeholders throughout the Intermountain West.
- March-July 2009. Principal in interaction with stakeholders in the Spokane – Coeur d’Alene population corridor in the development of the Urban Long Term Research Activity NSF exploratory proposal
Awards and Grants
- 2010-2013. NSF, $691,716. Professional Science Master’s Program in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences for the University of Idaho. S. Mulkey PI.
- 2010-2013. NASA, $547,727. Collaborative development of a climate change curriculum for classrooms in the Intermountain West. Global Climate Change Education Program. S. Mulkey PI.