A water resources degree prepares you for a broad spectrum of careers. WR graduates work in private industry, non-profit organizations, consulting firms, government agencies, and more.
List of Employers
The table below contains some of the employers who have hired our graduates since the mid-1990s.
View a more complete list of employers and associated positions (pdf).
- Bevilacqua-Knight, Inc.
- Brown and Caldwell
- Golder Associates
- JBR Environmental Consultants
- Maul Foster Alongi
- White Environmental Consultants
- US Geological Survey (USGS)
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- National Park Service (NPS)
- United Nations Development Program
- US Forest Service (USFS)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- CA Department of Water Resources
- ID Department of Fish & Game (IDFG)
- ID Department of Environmental Quality (IDEQ)
- Nez Perce Tribe
- MT Department of Natural Resources and Conservation
- WA Department of Ecology
- Bonneville Environmental Foundation
- Center for Ecosystem Management and Restoration (CEMAR)
- Heifer International
- Idaho Conservation League
- Idaho Rural Water Association
- Nature Conservancy
- Upper Snake River Tribes Foundation
- CH2M Hill
- Greenleaf Biofuels
- Idaho Power Company
- J.R. Simplot Co.
- JUB Engineers, Inc.
- North Wind, Inc.
- URS Corporation
- MWH Global
- Arizona State University
- Education Service District 123
- Jegrelius Research Institute
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Center for Limnology
- University of Utah Energy & Geoscience Institute
- Heritage Middle School
- SVL Analytical