Snow Science Trips
Students will investigate their watershed’s snowpack, calculate the total water volume stored in the headwater catchments, and analyze long term snowpack trends using the NRCS snow survey data.
- Feb. 13th: Lake City High School Lookout Pass Snow Science Trip with USFS
- Feb. 26th: St. Maries High School Lookout Pass Snow Science Trip with USFS and The Lands Council
- March 5th: Post Falls High School Mt. Spokane Quartz Peak Snow Science Trip
First Annual Youth Water Summit
This exciting youth scientific conference will be held on April 14-15, 2014 on the University of Idaho campus. High school science students from St. Maries, Lake City, Post Falls, Moscow, Troy, and Potlatch will all be in attendance.
At the summit, we seek to achieve the following:
- Provide high school students with an opportunity to present their research, ideas and solutions to community water problems in a professional setting.
- Create a forum for young minds to collaborate on solving community water resource problems.
- Introduce high school students to university life, and various water- and science-related career options.