Water Resources

Water Resources
phone: (208) 885-6113
fax: (208) 885-4674
office: College of Natural Resources, Room 15

875 Perimeter Drive MS 1130
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1130

Degree Timeline

Steps to Your Degree

  1. Your letter of acceptance mentioned deficiency coursework you need to complete, if any. You should get those courses out of the way as soon as possible, as they may be prerequisites for higher level coursework. If you are not sure what courses would fill a deficiency, or feel courses taken at another university may fill the deficiency, please contact your advisor; the EnvS program must approve any deficiency courses taken outside UI. Remember: Credits received for deficiency courses do not count towards graduate degree requirements. 

  2. Take some courses. Make a note of topics that interest you, as one of these could be the focus of your final project for the degree. Remember that you can take no more than 9 credits at the 400-level. The remaining 21 credits must be at the 500-level. 

  3. Select a major professor. You will work with your advisor to identify a mentor who will help you design and complete your EnvS 599 Non-Thesis Research project. Submit an Appointment of Major Professor Form located at http://www.uidaho.edu/cogs/forms.  Just fill out the top portion related to the Major Professor. Send the form to EnvS via email, fax to 208-885-4674, or snail mail and we will get the department and College of Graduate Studies signatures.

  4. Develop your Study Plan. Your advisor will work with you to enter the plan into Vandal Web for approval by your major professor, EnvS and the College of Graduate Studies. 

  5. Enroll in EnvS 599, Non-thesis Research, when you are close to completing your degree. Ideally, you will have been in contact with your major professor in the previous semester to start developing project goals and a timeline for completion.

  6. The semester before you wish to graduate, submit your Application for Degree. This is located in Vandal Web under the Student Information/Registration menu. 

  7. Finally, submit the Non-thesis Requirement Report Form (I know, another form!) located at http://www.uidaho.edu/cogs/forms. This form is due in the College of Graduate Studies Office by the last day of the semester in which the student wishes to graduate.