College of Graduate Studies will work closely with other colleges and
programs to improve the quality of and support for the graduate faculty at
University of Idaho.
Strengthen the criteria of the graduate faculty membership.
- Work closely with the Graduate Council, Faculty Senate, the Provost, and colleges to
review, and revise the current university‐wide criteria of the graduate faculty
- Work closely with colleges to design institutionalized procedures of implementing the
- Seek feedback about the revised criteria and procedures from all major stakeholders
before and after the implementation of them.
Advocate support for faculty research that involves graduate students.
- Work closely with the University Office of Research & Economic Development to
increase the funding and funding opportunities for faculty research.
- Disseminate among the faculty information about faculty/student joint research
- Generate the new funds to support faculty/student joint research projects.
Strengthen faculty development and enhance faculty incentives for graduate
- Design and offer more training workshops for graduate faculty members.
- Develop a graduate mentorship handbook that contains useful tips for mentoring
- Seek more funds to enhance faculty incentives for effectively teaching, advising,
supervising, and mentoring graduate students by giving them rewards.
Improve and standardize the management of graduate education across the
- Define and formalize the role of the Graduate Program Director at the departmental
- Develop a Graduate Program Director handbook that contains useful tips for graduate
- Design and offer more training workshops on graduate program management to the
Graduate Program Directors.
- Explore the needs for and feasibility of establishing the Graduate Studies Committee at