Goal 4: Strategic Plan
College of Graduate Studies will work closely with other colleges to improve the quality and capacity of graduate programs at University of Idaho.
Objective 1:Identify graduate programs that have the distinctive character and quality at UI.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of graduate education at UI based on the results of external assessment of graduate programs and departmental external program reviews.
- Consult with Deans, Department Chairs, Graduate Program Directors/Coordinators, and graduate faculty members on the strengths and weaknesses of each program.
- Participate in all external graduate program reviews in order to receive input and feedback from external experts.
Objective 2:Enhance graduate programs that have a distinctive character and quality at UI.
- Work with colleges and departments to design specific plans to strengthen targeted programs.
- Prioritize and allocate resources, such as graduate student assistantships, to the targeted programs.
- Play an active role in reviewing proposals for new programs.
- Campaign to increase the average GPA and GRE scores of applicants to all programs.
- Communicate regularly with UI Center executives, faculty, and regional center recruitment personnel on potential graduate programs.