College of Graduate Studies will work with colleges, programs, donors,
and the university to increase the funding of graduate programs.
Strategically direct resources to improve graduate programs.
- Reallocate resources to improve promising programs and eliminate or reduce those that are not aligned with UI strategies or have limited potential.
- Coordinate financial support for graduate teaching assistants through a combination of resources from other colleges, department/programs and CoGS.
- Develop fee policies consistent with peer institutions, with fee revenue benefiting graduate education.
- Allocate funds for graduate faculty professional development.
Generate funds from internal and external resources to support graduate education.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for COGS with the Development Office.
- Develop relationships with foundations to increase endowment to support graduate programs.
- Identify external fellowships for graduate students and assist them in applying for the fellowships.
- Advocate for University‐wide policies and funding to support research and scholarship.