Please review the criteria before beginning the application at the bottom of the page
Enrollment is limited—apply early.
Students who satisfy all the criteria below will be considered for the Semester in the Wild program.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or completed from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Written statement showing a strong interest/experience in one or some combination of science, environmental writing, natural resources, and outdoor pursuits, demonstrating an understanding/experience of outdoor and wilderness living.
- Strong letters of recommendation demonstrating knowledge of the student’s academic abilities and potential for living and learning in outdoor/wilderness setting.
- Resumé reflecting interests and experiences that are congruent with the spirit, goals and objectives of the Semester in the Wild program.
Semester In The Wild Application