Please review the criteria before beginning the application
Enrollment is limited—apply early.
Students who satisfy all the criteria below will be considered for the Semester in the Wild program.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or completed from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Written statement showing a strong interest/experience in one or some combination of science, environmental writing, natural resources, and outdoor pursuits, demonstrating an understanding/experience of outdoor and wilderness living.
- Strong letters of recommendation demonstrating knowledge of the student’s academic abilities and potential for living and learning in outdoor/wilderness setting.
- Resumé reflecting interests and experiences that are congruent with the spirit, goals and objectives of the Semester in the Wild program.