Dynamic conservation challenges on rangelands require dynamic research that draws from expertise across disciplines nested within different colleges. The Rangeland Center fosters interdisciplinary collaboration and builds on the many partnerships both within and outside of the University of Idaho.
We work in union with external partners to focus our research, education and outreach to produce solutions that are responsive and relevant to contemporary rangeland issues. Partner engagement is key to discovery of new knowledge and finding science-based solutions to rangeland management challenges.
- College of Natural Resources
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Idaho Rangeland Resource Commission
- Owyhee Initiative
- The Rangeland Partnership
- University of Idaho Extension
Partners Advisory Council
Central to the Rangeland Center mission is the Partners Advisory Council (PAC), a team of individuals who work together to promote partnerships with individuals, organizations, and communities who work, live, and recreate on rangelands. The PAC’s primary goals are to provide long-range and broad-scale vision to guide the Center’s research, education, and outreach efforts; products and services; and measures of success.
The PAC is comprised of ~15 volunteer members from various parts of Idaho, with diverse backgrounds, interests, and expertise related to Idaho’s rangelands.
Many viewpoints are represented within the PAC, including ranching, public policy, government, NGOs, elected officials, and community leadership. Members serve 3-year terms and may serve up to two consecutive terms.
- Merrill Beyeler ─ Rancher and Central Idaho Rangelands Network
- Bert Brackett ─ Idaho State Senator and Rancher (Emeritus)
- Carl Crabtree ─ Rancher and Idaho State Senator, District 7
- Barry Duelke ─ Sheep producer and Idaho Wool Growers Association President
- Brett Dumas ─ Idaho Power Company Director of Environmental Affairs, Chair
- Tom Dyer ─ BLM Idaho State Director (Retired) and Fisherman
- Jeff Foss ─ BLM Idaho Deputy State Director of Resources (Retired)
- Gretchen Hyde ─ Idaho Rangeland Resource Commission Executive Director, Vice-Chair
- Laurie Lickley ─ Rancher and Idaho Cattle Association Past-President
- Lou Lunte ─ The Nature Conservancy (Idaho Chapter) Associate State Director, Past-Chair
- Rob Mickelsen ─ U.S. Forest Service
- Tim Murphy ─ BLM, Idaho State Director (retired), Adjunct
- Tom Page ─ Rancher and Central Idaho Rangelands Network
- Wendy Pratt ─ Rancher and Member of the Eastern Idaho Grazing Association
- Jason Pyron ─ U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Sage-grouse Coordinator
- Toni Ruth ─ Executive Director of Salmon Valley Stewardship
- Priscilla Salant ─ UI McClure Center for Public Policy (Emeritus)
- Pete Wittman ─ Farmer/Rancher of Wittman Farms