Imagine an office that consists of the rivers, mountains, and lakes of the central Idaho Rockies and you have imagined the graduate program in environmental education at the McCall Outdoor Science School (MOSS). As a student you will participate in meaningful service as you provide field-based environmental education programs to the youth of Idaho and surrounding states. This unique program will enable you to earn a Master of Science in Natural Resources with an environmental education concentration from the University of Idaho in as little as three semesters!
The MOSS MS in Natural Resources is a non-thesis track which includes a graduate level certificate in environmental education. It is perfect for those seeking an experiential, efficient, and cost effective graduate degree. Use it as a launching pad into a doctoral program or a career in environment, education, or natural resources.
Program highlights include:
- Hands-on, outdoor teaching experience in environmental education for K12 students.
- Graduate level courses in Community Ecology, Instructional Strategies, Outdoor Leadership and more.
- Experience in nonprofit administration.
- Community living in a spectacular natural environment - make friends that will last a lifetime.
Prospective graduate students with undergraduate degrees in natural resources, education, the liberal arts, the traditional sciences, fisheries and wildlife, forestry, geography, outdoor recreation, environmental science and more are encouraged to apply.
These programs are for you if you're interested in pursuing careers as:
- Teachers at all grade levels in both public and private schools.
- Outdoor educators and program directors in museums, science centers, nature centers and environmental education programs.
- University researchers and teachers.
- Natural resource managers.
- Instructors in experiential outdoor education programs.
- Executive directors and program managers for nonprofit field science schools.
- Outreach educators for advocacy and conservation groups.
Click on Other Degree Options to see a list of additional degree options at the University of Idaho that former MOSS graduate students have attended to complete their Masters degree. These programs will require a separate application process and likely more time to complete than the direct MOSS non-thesis MS program option listed above.