students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit UI

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

Parents on campus during orientation

Homecoming Oct. 1-7

Join other Vandal families for a week of celebration and Vandal traditions. View Calendar

campus full of students

UI Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn More

CNR Certificates and Graduate Programs

Fire Ecology, Management & Technology

This 15-credit certificate program is designed for traditional and non-traditional students who would like to receive more depth than a few courses in the concepts, science and tools currently used in fire ecology and management, or for those seeking educational requirements required for federal employment. After completing this certificate program students will have the ability to apply sound science to solve complex issues facing fire management. Many of our students combine this certificate with a Masters of Natural Resources, Master of Science or doctorate. Others have combined this with the restoration ecology certificate program. 

To complete the certificate, students must take a total of 15 credits and meet the credit requirements of each course group listed in the program of study. Students must also earn a grade of "B" or better in each class to qualify for the certificate. With CNR certificate committee approval, students may transfer up to six credits of course work from another institution to count towards their certificate program. In addition to at least eight credits being received from the University of Idaho, students must also receive at least nine credits in courses numbered 400 or above. 

Note: Students can transfer up to six approved credits taken as a non-degree seeking student into a master's or doctoral program in the College of Natural Resources with permission of the departmental graduate committee. Students who are considering transferring non-degree credits into a CNR graduate level program should request early advising from the appropriate department.

CNR Certificates and Graduate Programs