Spend a week of your summer exploring the rivers, lakes and mountains of the northern Rocky Mountains that surround stunning McCall, Idaho. We offer residential summer field science expeditions for middle and high school students, as well as fun, adventure-filled day camps for younger students.
Women Outside With Science (WOWS)
Come spend a week hiking the trails, rafting the rivers and canoeing the lakes surrounding beautiful McCall, Idaho. During the WOWS experience, young women entering grades 7-9 will be immersed in an exploration of their science identities within the local Idaho environment. Participants will explore their place within a group of their peers, the local ecosystem, and the global community through studying dynamic systems of the land and water. Participants will meet scientists studying the natural world, perform inquiry-based scientific investigations and build a strong team of life-long friends through team building activities.
Dates: June 18-24, 2017
Questions: contact Beth Kochevar, email@example.com or 208-310-7082
Enroll https://moss.uidaho.edu/forms/child.cfm, password is learning, program type is Summer Residential and program name is WOWS — Women Outdoors with Science.
Payment in full: requested upon enrollment and due no later than May 1, 2017. Checks payable to Bursar, University of Idaho and remit to ATTN: Sacha Jackson, PO Box 1025, McCall, ID 83638. Alternatively, call Sacha to pay by credit card, 208-310-7083.
Sign up today!
Adventure Day Camp
MOSS is a place where students ages 3-12 years old can learn, play and have fun. Spread your wings and explore the wonderful world of nature just outside our door. Let your imagination be the guide as you help create your own outdoor adventure. Our field campus inside Ponderosa State Park on the shores of stunning Payette Lake is the perfect location for kids to just be kids in a creative, fun, adventure filled environment.
- Dates: Monday-Saturday, June 12-Aug. 11 (We will be running a program on July the 4th!)
- Adventurers: ages 3-5, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Explorers: ages 6-9, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Investigators: ages 10-12, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sign up today! Contact Leslie Dorsey by firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 208-310-7087
- $45 for pre registration (before 4pm the day before)
- $55 for walk in (if there is space)
- Punch Cards: Purchase 5 days at a time for $200. You will save half a day's rate. For 10 days the price is $380 which is a day and a half discount.
You can use these any day you want.
- We accept walk ins if there is space, so to be on the safe side, if you call ahead a day or two in advance we should be able to accommodate your kiddos.
- Cancellations require a 48 hour notice for a partial refund; a $10 administrative fee will be retained.