Application and Deadlines
We accept applications for students to begin in the fall semester only. You must select a fall admission term on your graduate admissions application. Applications will be accepted anytime throughout the year and will be reviewed starting on the annual priority deadline date of Jan. 15, and will continue to be reviewed until all positions have been filled for the fall semester. We highly encourage applications to be submitted before and after the Jan. 15 priority deadline.
You have the ability to save your progress and return to the application. Before you begin make sure you have a digital copy of your statement, objectives, resume, a copy of the completed area of emphasis form, an official transcript, and three names and emails of references, plus a credit card to pay the application fee.
I. Before beginning the online application process, please read the important notes below
- When you are asked to select your degree option, you must select Fall 2017 (M.S., Ph.D.) in order to be correctly routed to the MOSS application pool.
- When asked to choose "Campus Location" choose "Moscow - Main Campus"
- When asked to select "Choice of Study" choose "Natural Resources M.S."
- When asked to select “Thesis or Non-thesis” choose “Non-thesis”
- Click here, online application, to begin your application process
II. Upload the following documents within your application (For additional information on the documents, select Documents Required for Application.)
College of Natural Resources Area of Emphasis Form
- Print the form to fill it out
- Choose the "M.S." option
- Choose "non-thesis degree option"
- Write in "Natural Resources and Society - MOSS" as your Primary Program
- On the second page of the form, place an 'X' in front of "Natural Resource Communication/Interpretation/Ed."
- Scan it and save as a digital copy ready for upload
- How does the MOSS program support your personal, academic and professional goals?
- How has your personal, academic and professional experience prepared you for the MOSS program?
- Describe your community living experience and philosophy.
Official transcripts/academic credentials. These must be the official version from your university or college. You can upload into the application or mail them to:
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
The GRE is NOT required for admission. However, it will remain a requirement until you email graduate admissions email@example.com and tell them you are applying for the MOSS program and request the GRE scores be waived as permitted by the program. Only after Graduate Admissions waives the GRE will your application be able to be marked as "complete."
III. Pay your application fee online for fastest processing
IIII. IMPORTANT FINAL STEP! Email Leslie Dorsey letting her know that all of your application materials have been submitted as outlined above.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis once complete. Curious about your status? Visit https://www.uidaho.edu/admissions/graduate to view your status in the application process.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis until all available positions are filled. Apply today!