Contact Us


Department of
Fish & Wildlife

College of Natural Resources

phone: (208) 885-6434

875 Perimeter Drive MS 1136
Moscow, ID 83844-1136

Conservation Scholars

  • How do I apply?

    Applications are now available. Applications must include the online application form, two letters of recommendation emailed to, and copies of your college and high school transcripts emailed to High school transcripts are optional but encouraged.

  • Why does my application material go to the University of Florida if I am attending the University of Idaho?

    The University of Florida is the lead partner among the five partnering universities. The five successful Doris Duke Conservation Scholars will be selected by the University of Idaho, with oversight from the University of Florida.

  • Who is eligible to apply?

    Students from all backgrounds who attend or are planning to attend a collaborating university may apply to the Program as Sophomores. Acceptance into the 2014 class of scholars is contingent on acceptance and planned enrollment at a collaborating university in Fall of 2014.

  • Can non-traditional students apply?

    Yes. Please contact us if you do not fit the “traditional” status of “Sophomore” to discuss your situation. The expectation is that students in our program will require two more years to graduate.

  • Do I have to be enrolled in a conservation-related major?

    No, as long as you have an interest in nature and might consider a conservation-related career you are eligible for the Program.

  • What if my transcripts arrive before I've finished my application?

    If your transcripts arrive before you finish your application we will keep them on file and add them to your application package. It is better to ask for letters of recommendation as soon as you know you will be applying to the program rather than waiting until after you've finished your application.

  • Are there other DDCSP programs?
    Yes! You can find a list of all collaborating universities on the Doris Duke Conservation Scholars website.
  • Who is the point of contact at the University of Idaho?
    Dr. Kerri Vierling, Associate Professor in the College of Natural Resources’ Department of Fish & Wildlife Sciences.
    Phone: (208) 885-5378