Locations | A - Z Index | Directory | Calendar   Search Icon
University Home » College of Natural Resources »
Fish & Wildlife Sciences

Undergraduate Admissions

Learn more about applying to the University of Idaho. More

Graduate Admissions

Learn more about applying to graduate studies at the University of Idaho. More

Request More Information
Architecture Program
College of Art and Architecture
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2451
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2451

Phone: (208) 885-6781
Fax: (208) 885-9428

E-mail: arch@uidaho.edu

Application for the M. Arch portion of the seamless architecture program... More


The university offers a M.S. and Ph.D degree in the specialty area of wildlife resources. The M.S. (thesis option) and the Ph.D. degrees each require original research. A non-thesis option is also available.

The M.S. degree requires completion of 30 semester credit hours, with 18 of those credit hours in 500 level courses. Doctoral students must earn a minimum of 78 credits beyond the baccalaureate degree, with at least 52 credits in the 500 level courses or above and 33 credit hours in courses other than 600 level courses.

Please note that the wildlife resources program requires all applicants to take the GRE and international students to also take the TOEFL exam.

Application Information
Prospective students interested in graduate study in the wildlife resources program should reach out to professors who teach and conduct research in their specific interest area. Once the application and forms are completed they are to be routed to the College of Graduate Studies for review. Faculty members generally offer a project stipend and agree to act as a major professor for the student; if successful the applicant will be accepted into the graduate program. 

Download the Guidelines for Master's and Doctoral Degree Programs in the wildlife resources. 

Details and Guidelines

  • Completed application
  • Statement of career objectives
  • Three letters of recommendation
  • Resume
  • Area of Emphasis form
  • Official GRE scores (no subject area GRE tests are required) 
  • Official Transcripts from all colleges and/or universities previously attended

Financial Aid
Financial assistance within the program is largely in the form of graduate assistantships funded by individual research projects or teaching assistantships. Graduate student support is arranged between the major professor and the student. Graduate programs usually involve field work, data analysis, class work, a final thesis or dissertation, and a defense. Additional financial aid is available through Student Financial Aid Services at 208-885-6312.