Christopher C. Caudill
College of Natural Resources
With UI Since 2003
Fish and Wildlife Resources
Research Assistant Professor
Ph.D. (2002) Entomology Cornell University Ithaca NY
M.S. (1995) Zoology University of New Hampshire Durham NH
B.S. (1991) Biology University of Maryland College Park MD
Influence of dams on migration behavior and success of adult salmon and steelhead
Improving upstream passage conditions for adult Pacific lamprey at dams on the Columbia and Snake Rivers
Habitat use and life history of juvenile fall Chinook salmon in Snake River reservoirs
- Caudill, C.C., C.A. Peery, W.R. Daigle, M.A. Jepson, C.T. Boggs, T.C. Bjornn, D. Joosten, D.A. Clugston, and B.J. Burke. High spill at dams and adult salmonid migration: Results of a large-scale spill manipulation in the Columbia River, USA. In revision for Transactions of the American Fisheries Society.
- Keefer, M.L., C.C. Caudill, C.A. Peery, and S.R. Lee. 2008. Transporting juvenile salmonids around dams impairs adult migration. Ecological Applications 18(8): 1888-1900.
- Keefer, M.L., C.A. Peery, and C.C. Caudill. 2008. Migration timing of Columbia River spring Chinook salmon: effects of temperature, river discharge, and ocean environment. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 137: 1120-1133.
- Keefer, M.L., C.A. Peery, N. Wright, W.R. Daigle, C.C. Caudill, T.S. Clabough, D.W. Griffith, and M.A. Zacharias. 2008. Evaluating the NOAA Coastal and Marine Ecological Classification Standard in estuarine systems: A Columbia River Estuary case study. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 78: 89-106.
- Keefer, M.L, C.T. Boggs, C.A. Peery, and C.C. Caudill. 2008. Overwintering distrbution behavior, and survival of adult summer steelhead: variability among Columbia River populations. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 28: 81-96.
- Migration of adult Chinook salmon and Steelhead in Hood River, Oregon, 2010. C.C. Caudill. $41,631. Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation of Oregon.
- Juvenile fall Chinook telemetry monitoring (continuation of Telemetry evaluation of habitat use by juvenile Snake River Fall Chinook salmon in reservoirs). Caudill, C.C. $177,530. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Walla Walla District.
- Condition and spawning success of adult spring Chinook salmon in the Willamette River-2009. Caudill, C.C., C.B. Schreck, and M. Kent. $156,501 awarded to U.I. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Anadromous Fish Evaluation Program, Portland District.
- Evaluation of adult salmon and steelhead delay and fallback at Snake and Columbia river dams, 2009. Caudill, C.C., and B.J. Burke; $306,260 awarded to U.I. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Anadromous Fish Evaluation Program, Portland District.
- Improving adult Pacific lamprey passage and survival at lower Columbia River dams, 2009. Caudill, C.C., and M.L. Moser. $314,943. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Anadromous Fish Evaluation Program, Portland District.
You can view a full list of publications in Christopher's CV.