Patterns of Institutional Relationships and Local Collective Action.
Priest River, ID
- The objective of this pilot project is to assess, over time, community organizations in pursuing collective goals in the Priest River, ID area. By utilizing a pre/post survey method, this project will examine the extent to which the Learning and Practice Collaborative with Priest River affects community collective action.
- Co-investigators: Dr. Manoj Shresthra and Lisa Marshall (RA).
- Start Date: Fall 2009
North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River Management Plan Project.
- Work with the North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River Preservation Committee to prepare a comprehensive plan for future management direction on the North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River.
- Co-investigators: Dr. Steve Hollenhorst, Nick Brown (RA) and Kelly Purnell (RA)
- Start Date: Summer 2009
South Fork Graduate Intern. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Upper Snake Field Office.
Idaho Falls, ID
- Manage research intern in completing a multi-stage public input project. Input projects include 1) nine community assessment workshops (May 2008); 2) twenty visitor recreation meetings (October 2008); 3) development of website for public input on wild and scenic river designations in the field office (April/May 2009); 4) initiated visitor capacity study on the South Fork of the Snake River involving literature review, fous focus groups, six in-person outfitter interviews, online survey, and boater survey (Spring Fall 2009).
- Start Date: Spring 2008