From music and theater performances to prominent guest speakers to professional workshops, the signature programs and events offered by the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences add value not only to the lives of the students, faculty and staff of the University of Idaho, but also to the lives of those in the Moscow community and the surrounding region.
Explore our signature programs:
- Creative Writing Program: Unique in the nation, Idaho's Creative Writing Program is guided by a seven-member faculty of practicing, published writers.
- McClure Lectures on Science and Public Policy: An annual event that aims to bridge the gap between science and public policy making.
- The Martin Institute: An interdisciplinary research, teaching and service center that advances research and teaching into the causes of conflict and peaceful resolution. Presents the annual Borah Symposium.
- Auditorium Chamber Music Series: The series presents some of the world's finest chamber ensembles from traditional string quartets to new music ensembles and a cappella choral groups.
- Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival: This hallmark event draws jazz artists and spectators from around the world.
- Idaho Repertory Theatre: University of Idaho theatre students collaborate with talented artists from throughout the country to bring five productions to this summer theatre.