Students must meet requirements at three levels for the M.S. in Psychology:
- University of Idaho College of Graduate Studies requirements
- Department of Psychology and Communication Studies (PCS) M.S. requirements (30 units plus other requirements for thesis or non-thesis options)
- Human Factors emphasis required coursework shown below.
For the non-thesis option, the student must complete 30 credits of approved coursework and pass a written exam covering coursework, research methods, and data analysis. Exams are completed at the end of the student's coursework.
Note: off-campus students typically choose this option.
For the thesis option, students need to be accepted into the program under the thesis option. This requires special permission at the time of program application.
Required Coursework (for both options)
- Psyc 444 Sensation & Perception
- Psyc 446 Engineering Psychology
- Psyc 512 Research Methods
- Psyc 513 Advanced Research Methods
- Psyc 509 Human Factors in Engineering Design
- Psyc 525 Cognitive Psychology
- Psyc 552 Ergonomics & Biomechanics
- Psyc 561 Human-Computer Interaction
- Psyc 562 Advanced Human Factors