Certificate Requirements More
Global Justice Certificate
The Certificate Program in Global Justice provides a vibrant, university-wide structure for students to combine an international experience with the study of global ethics, justice, diversity, and cultural relations. The Certificate in Global Justice recognizes students who complete coursework, combined with a field or service learning internship, taken as part of a University of Idaho-sponsored study abroad experience.
Students can pursue the Global Justice Certificate at a number of universities worldwide under cooperative agreements with the University of Idaho. Global Justice programs currently exist in Quito, Ecuador (Pontifica Universidad Católica del Ecuador), Meru, Kenya (Kenya Methodist University), and Kyoto, Japan (Ryukoku University, Fukakusa and Seta campuses), and are underway elsewhere.
NOTE: A grade of 'B' or higher is required in all coursework for this academic certificate
- Anth 203: Workshop (1 cr*)
- Soc 403: Workshop
- Phil 491: Seminar in Professional Ethics & Diversity (3 cr) OR Soc 491: Seminar in Professional Ethics & Diversity (3 cr)
ELECTIVES (11 credits):
- Anth 498: Internsip (cr arr*)
- Phil 367: Global Justice (3 cr)
- Phil 499: Directed Study (cr arr*)
- Soc 367: Global Justice (3 cr)
- Soc 498: Internship (cr arr*)
- Soc 499: Directed Study (cr arr*)
*APPROVAL OF PROGRAM COORDINATOR REQUIRED