2012-2013 Calendar More
Contact & Location
Dates and Deadlines
The following dates and deadlines are particularly important:
- Before end of first semester: Complete "Appointment of Major Professor and Committee Form."
- Before end of first semester: Complete the Study Plan (Log into VandalWeb and open the Degree Audit program. Select the Planner tab. You will be entering information into the right hand side, “Student Educational Planner”.)
- Before end of first semester: Meet with major professor to develop an appropriate schedule for the completion of all recitals, documents and/or thesis, whichever is appropriate for the specific degree plan.
- December 1 (for fall graduation): All thesis and document defenses must be completed by the end of the day.
- Before end of penultimate semester: apply for graduation
- Beginning of recital semester: Schedule your recital. Refer to current policy, complete the recital audition form by the appropriate date, and put your recital on the calendar as soon as you are eligible to do so.
- At least two weeks before recital: Complete your recital audition with all of your supervisory committee members in attendance.
- Four weeks in advance of thesis or document defense: copies of paper in final form due to all committee members
- Ten days in advance of thesis defense: Submit “Request of Proceed with Final Defense of Thesis/Dissertation” form (not applicable for document defenses)
- May 1 (for spring graduation): All thesis and document defenses must be completed by the end of the day.
- Last day of dead week: Thesis in complete and final form due in the Dean’s office of the College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences. Document in complete and final form due in the School of Music office.
- Last day of exam week: Thesis in complete and final form due in the College of Graduate Studies