UI Symphony Orchestra
- The Competition is open to MUSA 115, 124, 134, 324, 334, 524 and 534 students,
who have auditioned and been nominated by their studio professors.
- Repertoire for instrumental applicants: a piece with orchestral accompaniment, or
one or two movements from a Concerto, not exceeding 25 minutes in length.
For singers: one or two opera aria(s).
- All selections must be memorized, and performed in its entirety (compositions with
multiple soloists are exceptions), and with piano accompaniment.
- There will be two rounds of competition, with the preliminary round held in mid-
November in the various Areas of LHSOM (voice, keyboard, strings,
woodwind, and brass/percussion), with a maximum of 3 (three)
competitors sent to the Finals from each area.
- Area coordinators are requested to administer the preliminary round, and submit
the list of finalists.
- The Competition Finals will take place in December of each year.
- The winner(s) shall perform with the UI Symphony Orchestra on the March
Concert following the competition.
- Competition Application Fee: $35.00 (payable in the Music Office).
- The Competition Finals will be open to the public.
- An applicant may win once as an Undergraduate, and once as a Graduate student.
- Applicants may not have won the Competition in the immediately preceding
For further details, please contact Prof. Cseszko at:
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org