In addition to the Graduate School requirements, the School of Music requires an acceptable audition either in person or by taped performance, and submission of repertoire lists as evidence of previous study.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS (30 credits)
Required Core – 8 credits
Required Major Courses – 14 credits
- MusC 521 Musical Analysis (3 credits)
- MusH 501 Seminar: Music History (2 credits)
- MusX 511 Bibliography and Research (3 credits)
- MusA 534 Individual Instruction in major instrument (12 credits)
- MusA 5?? Ensemble (2 credits)
- MusA 591 Recital (0 credits, taken twice)
(Note: Each enrollment in MusA 591 shall consist of a public recital as approved by the supervisory committee. One of these enrollments should be a recital composed primarily of significant chamber music. A document will be written and defended in conjunction with one enrollment of MusA 591.)
Electives – 8 credits
Electives are selected by the student in consultation with the supervisory committee. Selection must include, in addition to the required core courses, one course in either music history and literature (MusH) or music theory (MusC).