Irina Kappler-Crookston, M.A.
Department of Modern Languages and Cultures
Campus Locations: Moscow
Chair, Senior Instructor in Spanish, Spanish Section Coordinator, and MLC Academic Study Abroad Advisor
1978 - B.A., Washington State University, French and Spanish Language and Literature (Cum Laude)
1980 - Post-Graduate Diploma, Hispanic Studies, Universidad Complutenses de Madrid
1988 - M.A., Washington State University, Spanish Literature (Iberian Studies)
- Irina Kappler-Crookston's main research interests are in Peninsular Studies and Second Language Acquisition. She has worked on several joint projects on assessment and methodology with the University Study Abroad Consortium (USAC).
- Moscow High School and Lena Whitmore Elementary School, provided methodological support in the teaching of foreign language to teachers.
- University of Guadalajara, Mexico: provided cultural and language support for Moscow High School students and teachers on a Turtle Conservation Station.
- The University of Idaho, Martin Luther King Distinguished Service Award, 2008.
- State Board of Education Technology Initiative Grant for online courses at the University of Idaho in foreign languages ($65,000.00), 2007.
- The State of Idaho, Foreign Language Teachers, Teacher of the Year Award, 2006
- Fulbright Hayes Grant to take twenty-one teachers of Spanish for a five-week seminar to Quito, Ecuador ($43,000.00), 1993.