College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Assistant Professor of Advertising
Justin Barnes brings teaching experience from both the University of Idaho and Washington State University, having developed several courses at each institution. Before joining the faculty, Justin was a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Sport Management Program at WSU. Justin also has industrial experience in New York City with Ruder Finn, Inc., where he assisted clients in public relation, advertising, branding, and integrated marketing campaigns. In his final year at RF, Justin researched branding, advertising, and integrated marketing trends within social media.
Justin’s philosophy as an instructor is to foster an atmosphere of openness, creativity, and reflection within the classroom. In addition, Justin promotes a collaborative and interactive experience where students lack fear and positively exchange thoughts and dialogue concerning JAMM’s best interests.
- Athletic reputation and its impact on the perception of a university’s academic quality
- The big business of collegiate athletics
- Consumer behavior when purchasing athletic equipment
- Sport Management Ethics
- Pedagogical style and its impact on moral development
- Branding, advertising, and integrated marketing trends in social media