Assistant Professor of Advertising
342B Administration Building
School of Journalism and Mass Media
University of Idaho
MS 3178 875 Perimeter Dr.
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3178
Justin Barnes teaches courses in public relations and advertising.
Justin Barnes brings teaching experience from the University of Idaho and Washington State University, having developed several courses at each institution. Before joining the faculty, Justin was a clinical assistant professor in the sport management program at WSU. Justin also has industrial experience in New York City with Ruder Finn, Inc., where he assisted clients in public relations, advertising, branding and integrated marketing campaigns. In his final year at RF, Justin researched branding, advertising and integrated marketing trends within social media.
Justin’s philosophy as an instructor is to foster an atmosphere of openness, creativity and reflection within the classroom. In addition, Justin promotes a collaborative and interactive experience where students lack fear and positively exchange thoughts and dialogue concerning JAMM’s best interests.
- Athletic reputation and its impact on the perception of a university’s academic quality
- The big business of collegiate athletics
- Consumer behavior when purchasing athletic equipment
- Sport management ethics
- Pedagogical style and its impact on moral development
- Branding, advertising and integrated marketing trends in social media