Your media career begins with one of our majors
As a student in the School of Journalism and Mass Media (JAMM), you can declare a major or minor in one of the following areas:
Students may not major and minor in JAMM or declare a double JAMM major. Many JAMM majors declare a second major in another department. Your advisor will work with you to create a plan that reflects your career interests.
A degree from the School of Journalism and Mass Media requires:
- 120 credits, including at least 75 credits earned outside of the department, 65 of which must be in the liberal arts and sciences
- A minimum cumulative university grade-point average of 2.50.
- Completion of at least 45 credits within JAMM, including hands-on courses, concept courses and electives.
- A Bachelor of Arts degree requires a foreign language and additional humanities and social science courses.
- A Bachelor of Science degree requires an 18-credit minor or emphasis area outside of JAMM.