Broadcasting & Digital Media B.A. & B.S.
The Broadcasting and Digital Media major focuses on the history, theory, performance, and production of media, including radio, television, film and emerging technologies. Our students have hands-on learning opportunities in a state-of-the-art high definition television studio and our digital video and audio edit bays. Students edit video using Final Cut Pro, edit audio using Pro Tools, and write their scripts using Final Draft – all industry standard software. Our graduates have gone on to successful careers in digital media production, news and sports broadcasting, and documentary filmmaking, just to name a few.
Required course work includes the university requirements, the School of JAMM core, JAMM 275 Introduction to Digital Media Production (3 cr) plus nine credits from the following list:
- JAMM 322 Broadcast News (3 cr)
- JAMM 370 Digital Audio Production (3 cr)
- JAMM 375 Broadcast Television and Studio Program Production (3 cr)
- JAMM 376 Digital Animation in Mass Media (3 cr)
- JAMM 378 American Television Genres (3 cr)
- JAMM 420 Public Radio Journalism (3 cr)
- JAMM 422 Advanced Broadcast News (3 cr)
- JAMM 475 Digital Media Thesis Production (3 cr)
- JAMM 478 Broadcast/Television/Web Programming (3 cr)
- JAMM 477 Documentary (3 cr)