The International Affairs Club (IAC) is comprised of students from various majors with interest in international issues and cultures. The IAC provides an out-of-classroom forum for the exploration of international issues and offers preparation for students who seek international careers. It also works in collaboration with Oxfam and other UI student organizations and committees to present high profile events such as the annual Hunger Banquet.
WHAT WE DO:
- Hold weekly meetings in the Martin Institute.
- Invite guest lecturers to speak at our meetings about current international events and issues.
- Host the annual Oxfam Hunger Banquet.
- Host and show international documentaries.
- Have dinner with visiting guest speakers and dignitaries.
- Promote awareness of fair trade and global justice.
- Co-sponsor NMUN delegation.
The International Affairs Club meets every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. in the Martin Institute, Admin 338. For more information contact IAC at firstname.lastname@example.org