Program of General Studies

Physical Address:
Admin. Bldg. 112
Phone: (208) 885-2024
Fax: (208) 885-8964

Mailing Address:
College of Letters,
Arts & Social Sciences
c/o University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3154
Moscow, ID 83844-3154

FAQ - Majors & Minors

What is a minor?
Academic minors are a prescribed group of classes consisting of 18 or more credits as described in Part 3 of the General Catalog (Regulation J-9).  Some majors require a minor, for others it is optional.  Check with your advisor for specifics about your degree program.

How do I change my major?
A change of major is recorded using a Change of Curriculum Form which is available on the Registrar's website.  You will need to complete the information on the form for both your current program and your new program and collect signatures to exit the old program and be admitted to the new one.  Your academic dean's office can assist in filling out the form.  Once the form is completed and signed, you must  submit it to the Registrar's Office for processing.

What if I am having second thoughts about my choice of major and/or I don't know what I want to major in?
There are a number of resources available on our website for students, like yourself, who are exploring their choice of major

Can I have more than one minor if I major in General Studies? 
Yes, you can as many minors as you want.

Do the upper-division courses required for the minor or minors count in the 48 upper-division requirement? 

Can I have another major along with General Studies?