Undergraduate Outcome Goals
1. Students exhibit knowledge of diverse literatures in English and the cultural and historical contexts in which these works were produced.
2. Students can discern and evaluate the aesthetic and formal qualities of various texts.
3. Students can write an analytic essay that exhibits both critical thinking and effective argumentation.
4. Students can write a research essay that exhibits effective deployment of research as evidence.
5. Students’ writing exhibits correct usage of grammar and of MLA format and citation conventions.