College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Department of English
With UI Since 2012
BA, Reed College, English, 2009, Phi Beta Kappa
MFA, University of Idaho, Creative Writing, 2012
Terry Lingrey's story "Casserole," was a finalist in the 2005 Main Street Rag Short Fiction Contest and was published in the contest anthology Slower Traffic Keep Right. Her poetry has appeared in Scribendi. She earned an MFA in creative writing from the University of Idaho, where she was the 2011-2012 Hemingway Fellow. She now teaches writing at the University of Idaho. She is working on a novel and a memoir.
- “Casserole.” Slower Traffic Keep Right. M. Scott Douglass, ed. Charlotte, NC.: Main Street Rag Publishing, 2006.
- “Jump.” Scribendi. Vol 20, Spring 2006.
- “Purple Tulips” and “If My Arms Were Stronger.” Poets and Writers Anthology. Melanie Chase, ed. Eureka, Ca.: College of the Redwoods, 2004.
- “Hidden Treasures of Honoring Others.” Access. Aug 1996.
- “Your Dog‟s Best Friend.” Access. May 1996.
- 2012 Hemingway Fellowship, University of Idaho
- 2009 Phi Beta Kappa election, Reed College
- 2006-2009 Commendations for Excellence in Scholarship, Reed College
- 2008 Kaspar T. Locher Summer Creative Scholarship, Reed College
- 2006 All-California Academic Team, Phi Theta Kappa
- 2006 President's Scholarship, College of the Redwoods