College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
With UI Since 1981
Department of English and Neuroscience Graduate Program
Professor of English and Neuroscience
Director of M.A. TESL Program
Ph.D., Linguistics, The University of Texas at Austin, 1979
M.A., Teaching English as a Second Language, Kansas State University, 1971
B.A., Spanish, Kansas State University, 1969
Psycholinguistics, the neuropsychology of language acquisition and use.
- Chandler, Steve (2009). Exemplar-based models. In D. Eddington (ed.) Experimental and Quantitative Linguistics. (pp. 100-158). Lincom Europa Press.
- Chandler, Steve (2008). Predicting naming latencies with an analogical model. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research, 37(4),259-268.
- Royal Skousen & Steve Chandler (2007). Exemplar Theory. In P.C. Hogan (Ed.), The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the Language Sciences. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Chandler, Steve (2002). Skousen’s analogical approach as an exemplar-based model of categorization. In R. Skousen, D. Lonsdale, D. Parkinson (eds.) Analogical Modeling (pp. 51-108). Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
*See CV for full listings of publications, research, outreach and awards.
- Chandler, Steve (2008). The English Past Tense: Analogy
Redux. Paper submitted to Cognitive Linguistics and currently under
- Chandler, Steve (2008). Analogical Modeling: A
Unified Account of the Regular-Irregular Dissociations seen in the
Inflectional Morphology of English Verbs. Submitted to Psychological
Bulletin and currently under review.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1972-present