College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
St. Paul, Minnesota
Department of English
With UI Since 2006
M.F.A., Poetry, University of Idaho, 2009
B.A., English: Creative Writing, University of Montana, 2004
A.A., Century College, 1999
Daniel Berkner has been with UI since 2006.
- "The Whole Deaf World." The Los Angeles Review. Fall, 2011.
- "Among the Winter Beginning," "The Art of Conversation," "At Daybreak," "Never Again Am I Allowed to Return to an Island." Hot Metal Bridge. Spring, 2011.
- "Father, Son & Secret Mission." The Dos Passos Review. December, 2009.
- "That Morning without Shadows." High Desert Journal. October, 2009.
- "Rifleman's Pantoum." The Lyric. September, 2009.
- "Vegas." The Meadow. Spring 2008.
- Poetry writing
- Poetic craft
- Personal Essay
- Reader, Pleiades Club Annual Poetry Celebration; Moscow 2010-2013.
- Review Panelist/Reader, Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Arts Awards; 2011-2012.
- Judge, Poetry Out Loud; Moscow Regional Semi-Finals, 2011.
- Mentor, Extended Learning Internships in Poetry; Moscow High School, 2009 & 2011.
- Semi-finalist, Saturnalia Books Poetry Prize; 2011.
- Quarterly prize: "Rifleman's Pantoum." The Lyric. Summer, 2009.
- University of Idaho Graduate Teaching Excellence Award Nomination, 2009.
- Grace V. Nixon Scholarships, 2006-2009.