Scholarship for Students of One-Academic-Year + MTCSOL:
The scholarship is oriented at students from Confucius Institutes in Africa and Latin America regions, who are interested in Chinese Language teaching. Time of enrollment for scholarship winners is autumn 2015, and the duration is three academic years. The applicant shall sign an agreement with the Confucius Institute or an institute he/she will teach for.
The applicant is required to have:
- Bachelor degree (or its equivalent)
- A score of at least 180 on the HSK (level 3)
- A score of at least 60 on the HSKK (primary level)
- A score of at least 180 on the BCT(A)
- A score of at least 180 on the BCT (spoken Chinese).
Those who pass the first-academic-year assessment and score at least 180 on the HSK (level 5) and at least 50 on HSKK (medium level) can proceed with their study in China for the Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages. Hanban will support graduates to teach Chinese in their home countries by recruiting them as local teachers, providing wage subsidies, etc.