The scholarship is oriented at students from Confucius Institutes in Asia (except Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Israel), Latin America, and Africa who are interested in Chinese Language teaching. Scholarship winners will major in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (or Chinese in the direction of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages).
Time of enrollment for scholarship winners is autumn, 2015, and the duration is four academic years.
The applicant should have:
- A high school degree or above
- A score of no less than 180 on the HSK (level 3)
- At least a score of 40 in HSKK (intermediate level)
- A score of at least 180 on the BCT(A)
- A score of at least 220 on the BCT (spoken Chinese)
Students who pass the first-academic-year assessment with a score of at least 180 on the HSK (level 5) and at least 50 on the HSKK (intermediate level) are entitled to continue to receive the scholarship in the following year.