Confucius Institute Scholarship Program
For the purpose of supporting the development of Confucius Institutes, facilitating international promotion of Chinese language and dissemination of Chinese culture, as well as cultivating qualified Chinese-language teachers and excellent Chinese-language learners, Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) has launched a "Confucius Institute Scholarship" program to sponsor foreign students, scholars, and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese in relevant universities of China (hereinafter referred to as "Host Institutes").
For 2014, the scholarship program is divided into 5 categories:
- Scholarship for Students of Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
- Scholarship for Students of One-Academic-Year + MTCSOL
- Scholarship for Students of Bachelor's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
- Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Students
- Scholarship for One Semester Students
Applicants shall be:
- Non-Chinese citizens in good health
- Aged between 16 and 35 (Chinese language teachers in post shall be aged below 45, and applicants for BTCSOL scholarship should be aged below 20).