Career and Personal Counseling Services
Career Counseling Services:
Coeur d'Alene students have many opportunities to access Career Counseling services throughout the year!
One-on-One Career Advising Session Options:
- Several times each Fall and Spring semester, Career Counselors from Moscow travel to Coeur d'Alene to meet one-on-one with students. Announcements and information about this will be emailed to students at their UI email account when available.
- Appointments are also available via phone or webcam if a Coeur d'Alene student wishes to contact a career counselor in Moscow. To schedule a career counseling session at your convenience, contact 208-667-2588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each semester, the Career Services advising teams at the University of Idaho, Lewis Clark State College, and North Idaho College offer career/major related workshops to our Coeur d'Alene students.
Fall 2012 Workshop flyer
Access to DISCOVER:
Coeur d'Alene Students have access to DISCOVER, which is an online resource that provides guidance and information to help people make important career and educational decisions.
- Research-based assessments of career-relevant interests, abilities, and job values help individuals consider career options that are a good match for them. ·
DISCOVER's comprehensive, developmental guidance process helps users identify their strengths and needs, make good career decisions, and build a plan based on their personal profiles.
The system offers complete, current databases of occupations, college majors, schools and training institutions, financial aid/scholarships, and military options.
Users can also learn how to develop good job-seeking skills through effective resumes, cover letters, job applications, and interviewing skills.
To access DISCOVER online, call 208-667-2588 or email email@example.com to establish an account. We suggest that after completing the DISCOVER assessments, a student make an appointment to talk to a career advisor to discuss the results. This can be done by phone or webcam.
Access to CIS (Career Information System)
Gives job descriptions, wages, employment outlook, tips & training requirements for 95% of the occupations in the U.S. with Idaho specific information. Also contains information on owning your own business, colleges, and financial aid. Great resource for career information!
To access CIS online, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-667-2588 to establish your own account. If you’d like to discuss your CIS results with a career adviser, please contact the NIC Career Center at (208) 769-3297 or email@example.com
North Idaho College Career Services:
The NIC Career Services office (located on the NIC campus, Student Union Building, second floor) offers the following services to University of Idaho students:
- IDEAS and Micro-Skills inventories to find out more about your interests, skills and various occupations that might be a good fit for you!
- Exploration and information: libraries, Career Information Systems (CIS), scholarship information, college catalogs, programs of study and careers, and much more!
- Job Search assistance: resumes, interview skills, company information, current job openings, etc...
For more information on NIC Career Services, visit www.nic.edu/career or call (208) 769-3297.
Free Counseling Services are available to you as a student benefit. All students who are enrolled in four or more University of Idaho credits are eligible for individual or relationship therapy with significant others in the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Please contact Karen Wheeler, Ph.D., at (208) 818-3738 to make an appointment. Dr. Wheeler is located at 424 Sherman Ave., Suite 107, in Coeur d'Alene.