National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Family Resources
Visit their website.
Help Your Child Succeed in Math: You can make a big difference in your child's attitude, motivation and abilities.
Homework Help: Key concepts to make those homework sessions more effective and more fun! Includes additional resources to use in daily homework sessions.
Math Education Today: Math is taught differently now. Here's help to get you up to speed.
Figure This! Family Corner: Family members are crucial to student success. And the more that adults become engaged in their children's education, the greater the chances that children will succeed.
The Idaho Department of Education has developed five new videos of teachers discussing the Idaho Core Standards and the way in which the standards are benefiting Idaho kids.
The videos are easily accessible on the SDE YouTube channel.
- A gifted and talented teacher in Blackfoot talks about how these higher standards will help all students be successful. Click Here (Time: 2:24)
- An elementary school teacher in Vallivue provides tips on how teachers can get started on implementing the standards in their classroom. Click Here (Time: 3:12)
- The principal of KTEC in Rathdrum talks about how these new standards will better prepare students for a career after graduation. Click Here (Time: 2:19)
- An elementary school principal from Twin Falls gives parents tips and advice on how they can help their children with these more difficult standards. Click Here (Time: 2:13)
- We also provide an overview video that combines all their thoughts and perspectives. Click Here (Time: 5:42)