Movement and Leisure Sciences
The University of Idaho is proposing to offer a Master of Science degree for individuals interested in or currently employed in the recreation, parks, tourism, and sport industries. This program is proposed to start in the Fall of 2013 with coursework offered out of the University’s center located in Coeur d’Alene.
Graduates from this program often work in management positions in the following areas:
- Parks (local, state, and federal)
- Community Centers
- Religious Organizations
- Theme/Amusement Parks
- Community Wellness Programs
- Tourist Attractions
- Adventure/Outfitter Businesses
- Tourism Related Businesses
- Recreation Departments
- Nonprofit Recreation Facilities
Sample course topics include:
- Leadership, Programming, and Marketing
- Budgeting, Financing, and Managing Recreational Facilities
- Policy Analysis and Historical Perspectives of Leisure
Get more information:
If you are interested in this program we ask that you complete a brief survey to help us better understand your interests and the best format for delivering this program. Click HERE to access the survey.
If you do not wish to complete this survey, but are interested in receiving additional information about this proposed program please email Paul Amador at email@example.com.