About Business Process Center
Then center started because managers from companies such as Micron and Boeing recognized that business people need help forming and executing strategy, which is created and executed through a definable set of processes. Through exemplary process management, this set of processes enables outstanding organizational performance.
Most business schools concentrate on good strategy, and what a person in each area of an organization does, and why his or her job duty is necessary. But many schools fail to emphasize the importance of process management. The Micron Foundation donated $61,000 to start and fund the Process Center and through minimal project fees, the center is now self-funded.
The mission of the center to provide students with:
- Real-world experience in the process definition and improvement.
- Engage in real-world opportunities and give them a chance to capture/solve those issues.
- Process modeling and process control software.
- Understand the importance of process management.
- Understand the integrated aspects of an organization's processes.
- A resume builder that helps students find employment with prospective employers.
Students and firm partners have both expressed the quality of this program, many students find jobs in firms they worked with and firms have used student suggestions that have increased their profits.