Nearly half of our students gain relevant work experience by completing an internship. While not required, internships contribute significantly to your real-world readiness and open doors to outstanding career opportunities. You'll gain:
- Relevant work experience
- Professional mentorship
- Valuable networks of contacts
- On-the-job training
Many of our students have interned, and some have eventually been offered jobs, at Boeing, Micron, Deloitte & Touche, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Coldwater Creek, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Harrah’s Entertainment, Northwest Mutual, Washington Mutual and other leading companies.
Enhance your marketability with an internship.
Earn Money and Credit
Most internships, especially those completed off campus, are paid. Many even provide benefits.
You may also be granted academic credit (1-3 credits for each internship experience). For some majors, internships can fulfill required electives. Internships for credit are pass/fail, and students are required to complete a report about their experience.
Find an Internship
Internships are typically completed during your junior or senior year, most frequently, in the summer. Students typically find an internship through one of the following ways:
- College of Business and Economics (CBE) faculty: Our faculty members maintain strong connections with industry leaders to help place our students.
- University of Idaho Career and Professional Planning (CAPP): This on-campus resource helps students craft resumes, hone interview skills and connect with prospective employers.
- Independent Research: Some students find an internship through their own research or through personal networks (friends, family, etc.). All internships must be preapproved by CBE faculty before credit can be granted.
- CBE Virtual Career Center: Internship opportunities are displayed on the plasma screen on the 2nd floor of the J. A. Albertson Building.
For more information about internships, contact Dana Stover, (208) 885-7150, firstname.lastname@example.org.