- NOI’s are due by April 1, 2014, 5:00 PM via the NOI online form.
- Because of the format, you are not expected to have visual aids.
- Students competing ONLY in the reception elevator pitch must submit the online Notice of Intent to compete in the elevator pitch.
- Students must report to the SUB Ballroom
- The reception will start at 4:00 and end at 5:15, in the SUB Ballroom. Immediately afterward reception will begin. All team members should attend and participate in pitching.
- Judges will indicate interest by giving out a “business card.” High interest will be indicated by the judges initialing the card.
- Students will drop the business cards they collect in a “card box.”
- The winning teams will be judged by the total number of cards they have, with additional weight given to those who have phone numbers.
- The award ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 26, following the Business Plan Competition. Cash awards will be given to the winning teams, and the judges will reserve the right to specify the cash amount. In total, there will be up to $3,000 in cash prize money. However, the judges may choose not to distribute the entire amount depending on the number and quality of pitches. Teams must be present to win.
- Different members of the same team may approach the same judge.
- Team members should remember that the judge’s time is limited. Likewise, teams will want to pitch to as many judges as possible during the reception.
- The competition is open to ALL University of Idaho students.
Modifications of Rules and Regulations
These guidelines can’t anticipate every circumstance, and the VIEW director reserves the right to modify these rules in any manner for the good of the competition. Any team that violates the rules, regulations, or the spirit of the competition may be disqualified. Competition directors, individual teams, and mentors are responsible for ensuring that entrants meet these requirements for participation in the competition. A team violation may result in the forfeiture of awards and prize money. Any questions regarding eligibility should be sent to the VIEW Director, Dr. Mike McCollough, by phone 208-885-7151 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org